To apply for one of our open positions to join our team, please send a résumé and cover letter via this form.
Railbike Guides – $17-$22 DOE
Railbikes are two-person, recumbent pedal powered bikes that travel on the rails of the Skunk Train route.
These trips are guided by a trained crew with safety being the highest priority.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist guests with their bike rentals (including checking in via an online reservation system).
- Conduct a safety briefing prior to each departure.
- Conduct a daily written inspection on bikes and make minor repairs to bikes and running gear.
- Clean and sanitize bikes and gear prior to each use.
- Guide guests on bike rides (this means you will be peddling up and down the tracks multiple times per day).
- Turn bikes around for guests.
- Other tasks as assigned.
Depot Staff – $17-$22 DOE
The successful candidate for this position should possess an outgoing personality who interacts well with guests and the Skunk Train team. Greet all guests in a pleasant manner while providing a friendly and sociable service in a clean and comfortable environment. The Retail Agent is responsible for assisting customers in all facets of front-line retail operations.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO)
- Greet customers when they enter the store, offer assistance in locating merchandise, and respond to questions regarding merchandise.
- Restock items as necessary. Keep storeroom neat and clean.
- Complete customer purchases process all payment types, and process returns, refunds, and exchanges.
- Maintain cash and credit card receipts utilizing computerized point of sale cash register.
- Follow checklist for opening and closing store. Secure store and monitor customer activity to prevent losses due to merchandise theft and damage.
- Receive freight, price and prepare Skunk Train souvenir goods for merchandising.
- Provide excellent customer service for both direct and phone customers.
- Coordinate with Gift Shop staff and other departments to maintain safety and superior customer service.
- Selling Tickets, confirming reservations, answering phones.
- Provide information and offer additional services to guests to enhance their visit to our area.
- Fully understand and support Skunk Train’s Mission Statement.
- Other duties as assigned.
Janitorial/Maintenance – $17-$22 DOE
We seek Building & Grounds Crew member to perform janitorial duties, minor maintenance and repairs at the depot, depot grounds, and on board the trains, including washing of railcars and locomotives and fueling and cleaning railroad vehicles. Proper use of janitorial and related supplies and small powered hand tools.